- About Endoscopy Procedure
Endoscopic examination has the highest accuracy in finding early stage cancer and is able to complete from diagnosis to therapy.
If you have symptoms like the following we strongly encourage endoscopic examination.
- Suspicious symptoms for colon cancer
- Blood in stool / Black stool
- Fresh blood in stool (High possibility of rectal cancer)
- Stool abnormality / Frequent stool
- Diarrhea, Constipation, Repetitive diarrhea・constipation
- Residual stool
- Abdominal pain, fullness
- Who should take colonoscopy?
- Age over 40yrs
- Positive result in fecal occult blood
- Detected or resected a colon polyp in the past
- Has a family history of colon cancer
- Prefer to eat meat rather than brightly colored vegetables
- Does not have daily exercise, drink alcohol often, Smokes cigarette
- Suspicious symptoms for esophageal, gastric cancer
- Black stool
- Epigastric pain
- Gastric sickness, Heartburn, Stuckness in throat or chest
- Sickness, Vomit
- Anemia, Blood vomit
- Rapid weight loss
- Who should take Upper GI Endoscopy?
- Age over 40yrs
- Positive result with Helicobacter Pyloric infection (or was)
- Has repetitive gastric ulcer
- Diagnosed as atrophic gastritis
- Has a family history of gastric cancer
- Prefer salty appetite
To minimize the stress of the patients taking cancer screening and endoscopic examination, we offer the top tier skills, best equipments and comfortable environment. The director, Dr. Fujii has the technique of inserting the endoscope as straight as possible, by absorbing air and folding the intestine as it is an accordion. With this technique, the examination can be finished quickly with no pain to the patient.
In normal hospitals, endoscopy examination normally requires two time procedure. First taking tissue samples from the polyp for diagnosis, and second for therapy, staying at the hospital is also required. By using magnifying endoscope, our clinic offers the real time diagnosis of the polyp leading to a single endoscopy examination with from detection, diagnosis and therapy without any hospital stays. We also offer both upper GI endoscopy and Colonoscopy on the same day.
Obviously it is as important that to detect any early stage cancer with high diagnosis and therapeutic skill, and minimize the pain during the endoscopic procedure. To avoid missing an early stage cancer requires not only techniques but with high diagnosis skills as well. The director took part in developing the Magnifying endoscope(Able to magnify up to ×100). His skill of diagnosis using a magnifying endoscope is highly recommended globally as well.